Opportunities in Stevenage
Opportunities in and around Stevenage for anyone aged 16 – 25
A number of employment and training opportunities are available in and around Stevenage. If you are interested in any of the following please contact Lisa Whatnall on 07770 704740 or email email@example.com
- North Hertfordshire College is offering a nine week course focusing on customer service and business admin. Young people will work in teams to carry out market research, deal with customers, create branding and logos, and develop a business plan. The course includes four weeks in a work placement. Travel costs will be paid. If the placement is successful this could lead to a job or apprenticeship offer.
- Explore Enterprise will be running information sessions on how to set up a business. This could lead onto sources of funding for a new business of up to £4000.
- The Prince’s Trust is offering a “Get started in experiments” course looking at genetics, medicines and disease. Lunch and travel costs are included. There will be three months support at the end of the course to help find employment or further training in a medical or scientific research field.
- Ever fancied working in a hospital? Sign up for a short course leading to a Level 2 Award in Understanding Health Improvement. The course includes four weeks work experience in a relevant support sector role at Lister Hospital. Travel costs are paid for. There will be six months support to find employment or further training at the end of the course.
- Solveway is offering a range of apprenticeships at both level 3 and level 4 in Business Admin, website development, website design and graphic design, IT technician, digital marketing and network engineering. These will include a minimum of 30 hours with the employer. Training will be delivered at Barnwell School.
- Sporting Futures is offering apprenticeships in sport and leisure.
- SPS Training is offering free English and Maths qualifications for those who are 19 and over.
- SSG Services is looking to provide a 12 week traineeship in customer services. This includes a six week work placement. Travel will be paid and if the traineeship is successful a full apprenticeship is likely to be offered at the end.
- Stevenage Football Club is offering a Level 2 Sports Coaching Apprenticeship. This is likely to include free SFC kit and match tickets.
Back to noticeboard